This is the best recipe I have found to make an amazing Bang Bang sauce paired with Salmon. Really, you can buy this at a grocery store, but why bother with another bottle of sauce in the fridge when you can make it from scratch? It honestly takes two minutes to make and tastes so much more flavorful and bold than anything else available. Pair this recipe with a homemade Sweet Chili sauce and you have a winning dinner!
Published April 14, 2022
This page might contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost for you).
Why this recipe works
Salmon is one of our favorite meals and as a result we have it at least once a month. When cooked right, it can be moist, flavorful and delicious. Often, we have salmon with homemade sushi, but today I shook up dinnertime and made this fun recipe. Adding this Bang-Bang sauce to the Salmon levels up the flavor and gives the fish a savory taste while adding a subtle spice that was just perfect. The mild mayo paired with siracha helps to balance the homemade sweet chili sauce.
Along with the Bang-Bang Salmon, we also had broccoli and potatoes roasted in the oven. Once cooked, the broccoli tasted amazing with the Sweet Chili Sauce drizzled on top. To cook the vegetables, was them in a sink colander and then peel the potatoes and slice them. Additionally wash the broccoli and cut them into fleurettes and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees until a knife can be inserted into a potato easily, around 15-25 minutes.
Bang Bang Salmon Recipe
Ingredients for Bang Bang Salmon
1/2 cup Mayo
1/2 cup Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp Siracha
3-4 Salmon filets
Salt and Pepper
Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce Ingredients
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 cup white Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt
3 Tbsp Corn Starch
6 cloves Garlic
2 Tbsp water
1/2 cup Vinegar
2-4 Tbsp Chili Pepper Flakes
Sweet Chili Sauce Directions
1. To a medium saucepan add white sugar, soy sauce, garlic, salt, vinegar, red pepper flakes and then bring the ingredients to a boil remembering to whisk often.
2. Boil this mixture for 3-5 minutes stirring often with a whisk.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and water and then set aside.
4. Reduce the heat to low and then slowly add the corn starch slurry and whisk continuously.
5. Finally, let the Sweet Chili Sauce boil on low for 5 more minutes with regular stirring.
6. Let this mixture rest to cool before transferring to a container for storage. Additionally, this Sweet Chili Sauce can be stored in the fridge for many weeks, just make sure to stir it with a clean spoon every time you use it as settling can occur.
Bang Bang Salmon Directions
1. Firstly, spray with non-stick spray and then set aside.
2. Secondly, make the Bang Bang sauce by adding mayo, sweet chili sauce, siracha and vinegar to a Pyrex bowl and whisk to combine, then set aside.
3. Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking dish and then season with salt and pepper. At ALDI, they sell salmon filets that are just massive. I was able to buy this fillet for under $23 and made it into six large fillets. The skin was still on them, but that is not an issue as after it is baked, you can literally use a spatula to scrape the fillet off the skin.
4. Drizzle Homemade Bang Bang sauce on salmon fillets and then use a spoon to spread over the entire surface. I had left two without any Bang Bang sauce because it was on the spicier side and I knew Levi and Elliana would not enjoy the spiciness.
5. Bake salmon at 425 degrees for 12-18 minutes or until the temperature reaches 125 to 130 degrees.
6. Finally, remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve with additional sauce. In addition to the Salmon, we also had broccoli and potatoes that were roasted in the oven and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Recipe for Bang Bang Salmon
Bang Bang Salmon Recipe with Homemade Sweet Chili Sauce
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Small Bowl
- 3-4 Salmon Filets
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Siracha
Sweet Chili Sauce Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 2-4 Tbsp Chili Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch
Sweet Chili Sauce
- In a medium saucepan add 1 cup white sugar, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 6 garlic cloves minced, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 cup vinegar, 2-4 Tbsp red pepper flakes and bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Then boil the Sweet Chili mixture for 3-5 minutes making sure to whisk constantly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the corn starch and water and then set aside.
- Reduce the heat to low and then add the corn starch slurry and whisk continuously.
- Finally, let the Sweet Chili Sauce boil on low for 5 more minutes with regular stirring.
- Let this mixture rest to cool before transferring to a container for storage.
Bang Bang Salmon
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray and then set aside.
- Make the Bang Bang sauce by adding 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce, 2 Tbsp siracha and 1 tsp vinegar to a medium bowl and whisk to combine, then set aside.
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking dish and then season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle Bang Bang sauce on salmon fillets and then use a spoon to spread over entire top.
- Bake salmon at 425 degrees for 12-18 minutes or until the temperature reaches 125 to 130 degrees.
- Finally, remove the baking sheet from the oven and serve with additional sauce.
Copyright: All content and photos on Monica's Scratch Kitchen are copyright protected. Please do not use them without written permission. Thank you.