As a literal throw together meal, looking into the pantry trying to decide what was for dinner, had me wishing I had planned the week better. Our oldest, Samuel, headed down to Chicago for a mission trip with our church’s youth group for a week. This momma was NOT having much luck planning and getting past the thought of her oldest being away for a whole week for the first time. Truly, the week was a literal flop in addition to being after the 4th of July. So out busted this momma making a homemade delicious Quick Ramen Noodle Dinner for the family.
Published July 19, 2022
This page might contain affiliate links. In the event of a sale, I will be awarded a small commission (at no extra cost for you).
Cost breakdown for this recipe
Come to Sunday for dinner, I was in a depressed mood, and didn’t really want to cook. The easiest thing that came to mind was ramen noodles. However, just ramen alone is not enough, and it needed to be leveled up. While looking in the fridge, we had a leftover head of broccoli and pork from the other night that was perfect to be added to the ramen. Also, a bag of blanched vegetables was pulled from the freezer and added to the ingredients.
Keep reading for the link for how to blanch vegetables!
5 packs ramen noodles, any flavor $1.30
Broccoli, 1 head $1.00
1 cup carrot/corn $1.64
Diced pork $0.00 as it was leftovers
The total cost for this meal was $3.94. Matthew, Levi, Tyler and I all had many servings, plus there was leftovers for the next day.
Typically, we do not use ramen noodles, however with it being summer vacation, the boys requested to have them around the house. These are great, not only to be in bulk, but also for a quick and easy snack when the kids want them. A twelve-pack at ALDI costs $3.19.
Ramen Noodle Recipe
Ingredients for Quick Ramen Noodle Dinner
5 packs ramen noodles, any flavor
Broccoli, 1 head
1/2 cup carrot, diced
1/2 cup sweet corn
Diced pork, chicken or beef
Directions for Quick Ramen Noodle Dinner
1. Firstly, bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove, 4-Quarts is perfect.
2. Secondly, rinse broccoli in a sink colander, cut the broccoli on a cutting board and then set aside. If you are using fresh carrots or vegetables, rinse those and dice them.
3. Dice the meat you are using on a cutting board and then set aside. We had leftover pork roast that was perfect for this recipe throw-together and just enough at one pound.
4. When the water is boiling, add carrot and corn and bring to a simmer. Last year I had blanched these vegetables for easy meal throw-togethers. All the corn and carrots needed to do was boil in the water for a few minutes to thaw and warm up. Check out the blog on how to blanch vegetables by clicking the link below.
5. Add the diced broccoli to the water and cook for 2-3 more minutes. You will know when the broccoli has been fully cooked when it becomes bright green.
6. Add the ramen pasta and any meat you are using and then cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Strain out most of the water in a sink colander, add the ingredients back to the pot and then return the pot to the stove. Additionally, this can be left as a soup if the water is not fully drained.
8. Open the seasoning packs and sprinkle into the pot, stirring well.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe for a Quick Ramen Noodle Dinner
Quick Ramen Noodle Dinner Idea
- 5 packs Ramen Noodles any flavor
- 1 head Broccoli
- 1/2 cup Carrot diced
- 1/2 cup Sweet Corn
- Pork, Chicken or Beef optional
- Bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove, 4-Quarts is perfect.
- Rinse broccoli and then cut the broccoli and then set aside.
- Dice the meat you are using on a cutting board and then set aside.
- When the water is boiling, add carrot and corn and bring to a simmer.
- Add broccoli to the water and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the ramen pasta and any meat you are using and then cook for 3 minutes.
- Strain out most of the water in a sink colander and then return the pot to the stove.
- Open the seasoning packs and sprinkle into the pot, stirring well.
Copyright: All content and photos on Monica’s Scratch Kitchen are copyright protected. Please do not use them without written permission. Thank you.